Frequently Asked Questions

See our most common questions related to the UK boat registration.


The UK, all members of the EU, all citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA), all Commonwealth nations, and anyone residing in the following nations can apply for the UK Part1 registration: 

See the countries list here

We need to have the following documents:

  • Copy of your passport
  • Copy of Bill of Sale
  • 4 unique names for your Vessel
  • A certificate of a survey of tonnage and measurement (not older than 1 year) is mandatory
  • The deletion certificate (if previously registered)

After receiving the required documentation, the normal registration process takes about 2 weeks. However, if you opt for the express service, we can get you the registration in only 3 weeks.

The registration is issued in the digital format. You can take a printout and keep it onboard.

The UK Part 1 registration is valid for 5 years.

No, we will provide you the digital copy of the Part 1 registration.

The documents are being accepted in English language, if you have the documents in any other language, we will help you with the sworn translation.

Yes, a survey or a tonnage certificate is needed and it should not be older than 1 year. Simply ensure that it is carried out by one of the licensed surveyors:

American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Lloyd' s Register (LR), Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK), Registro Italiano Navale (RINA)

To apply for the MMSI license, kindly send us the following:

If you have more equipment on board such as ATIS, EPIRB or any other, please indicate so. If you have an EPIRB, we need to know the following:

  • Hexadecimal identification (15 digits)
  • Type of beacon
  • Beacon manufacturer
  • Serial number of the beacon

We also need to know the maximum number of passengers allowed on board, as well as the displacement in KG of the boat.

You must also provide us with the details of an emergency contact person. Please note that he / she cannot be the same as in the registration document.

  • NAME

Yes, we can help you with change of ownership on your current UK Part 1 registration. Please send us the following documents:

  • A copy of registration document
  • Copy of your passport
  • Copy of Bill of Sale

Kindly send us the copy of your UK Part 1 registration.

Yes, you can register under the British flag part 1 as a commercial vessel (not fishing vessel), bareboat use or just for private use.

Stay Connected