• main-banner-uk


    United Kingdom Yacht Registration

Register your boat in United Kingdom

Let us register your boat or yacht in United Kingdom, We are the largest boat registration company in the world and have registered more boats than any other maritime business.
We can register any type of boat IN United Kingdom including: sailing yachts, motor boats, jet ski’s, houseboats, RIBs, barges, commercial vessels and mega yachts. You can register your boat or yacht in United Kingdom either as private use, commercial or as bareboat vessel. Let us take care of the whole registration process and we will save you a lot of time and effort in registering your boat in United Kingdom.

United Kingdom Boat & Yacht Registration –Part 1
We can register boats under the British flag and it does not matter were your boat is located or what your nationality is!
The UK Part 1 Yacht Registration is one of the most prestigious boat registrations in the world. This UK boat registration insures boat owners that they will not have any issues when they sail in to foreign ports. It also assures vessel owners that they can have assistance anywhere in the world from UK consular services and the UK coast guard.
The UK part 1 registration is not only a top flag jurisdiction it is also fairly easy and fast to obtain the registration. We are the largest registrar of UK part 1 boat registrations and take care of the whole process for you for a fee that is a lot less then other maritime agencies charge you for this. Our fee of £549,-. is all-inclusive so we take care of translations and overnight courier fees.

How does the Brexit impact the UK yacht registration?
The Brexit does NOT affect the UK boat registration at all! Any vessel which is registered under the UK part 1 flag registration can sail in EU or any other waters without any limitation. Who can get a UK part 1 boat registration?
The UK Part 1 Yacht Registration is available for all nationalities, the process is just slightly different depending on your citizenship or were your company is based.

All privately owned boats in:
The UK, all EU nationals, all European Economic Area (EEA) nationals, all Commonwealth citizens and countries and to persons who are resident in the following countries: Argentina, Aruba, Bahrain, Brazil, the Canary Islands, China (including Hong Kong), the Faroe Islands, Haiti, Israel, Japan, Liberia, Madeira, the Marshall Islands, Monaco, Panama, South Korea, Switzerland, Surinam, the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America.

If your boat is owned by a company based in:
The UK, the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA), all Commonwealth countries or have a company registered in the following countries: Argentina, Aruba, Bahrain, Brazil, the Canary Islands, China (including Hong Kong), the Faroe Islands, Haiti, Israel, Japan, Liberia, Madeira, the Marshall Islands, Monaco, Panama, South Korea, Switzerland, Surinam, the United Arab Emirates and the United States of America.

If your citizenship or company is not based in any of the above countries?
If you are not based in any of the countries listed above it is very easy for us to still register you under British flag. We will setup a company for you that will own your boat. This company will be owned by you and will be based in the UK as an LTD.
We can setup the UK LTD for you in 1 to 2 days and you will not be liable for any tax filings as the company will only be used as an ownership company for your boat. We will make a standard bill of sale for you were you sell your boat to your own company (or use your own bill of sale, if you prefer). We will also contact the UK tax department and file all paperwork that you are exempt from taxes as the company is only used as ownership for your boat. The total cost of setting up the UK LTD for you and all paperwork is only £150,-
In order to maintain your UK LTD we will charge you a yearly fee for company maintenance, filing documents with the tax department and the mandatory UK address and representation is € 275,-.

Do boats registered under British flag need to leave EU waters every 18 months?
The 18 month rule has nothing to do with were your boat is flagged. This rule is only for vessels that did not pay their VAT and by leaving EU waters for a minimum of 24 hours.

Can I register as commercial or bareboat use?
Yes, you can register under the British flag part 1 as a commercial vessel (not fishing vessel), bareboat use or just for private use. The cost and requirements are the same for all 3 categories.


  • Let us check your documents for free!
    Are you not sure if you have the correct documents to register your boat in UK. Please send us your documents by email or Whatsapp and our experts will check it out for you for free!
  • Let us translate your documents for free
    Our service includes free translations of all your boat documents. This will save you a lot of money!
  • 7 days customer service in most languages
    We have call centers in 3 countries, where you can contact us 7 days a week with staff that speak; English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish!
  • Guaranteed provisional registration in 2-5 days! (After receiving signed documents)
    We have actual staff in UK and do not use intermediaries. We can therefor guarantee to have your provisional registration ready in 2-5 days (after receiving signed documents). This provisional registration is fully valid to use your boat.


  • 01


    Fill in our online form in just 3 minutes

  • 02


    Send us your boat documents and passport copy.

  • 03


    We submit your paperwork to the UK authorities.

  • 04


    We send your new registration to you by overnight courier

What documents are required for a UK part 1 boat registration?

*for commercial use only, the surveyor needs to arrange the mandatory ITC69/coding certificate after the documents have been approved by the UK authorities.

1) Copy of your passport

2) Copy of Bill of Sale

3) Your Vessel

Your vessel must have a unique name, you need to provide 4 unique names, the UK authorities will check and determine which name is available once they have received your registration request.

4) A Certificate Of Survey

A certificate of a survey of tonnage and measurement (not older than 1 year) is mandatory but can be done in your own country. You just need to make sure it is done by one of the authorised surveyors, which are: (American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Lloyd' s Register (LR), Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK), Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) *

5) The deletion certificate (if previously registered)

6) A copy of a radio call sign (if you have one)

3 days
Boat Registration

We can register your vessel and / or arrange your MMSI license.

24 Hours
MMSI License


Meet Our Experts

We have a highly experienced team who deal with the UK registrations.

Partners Carousel

We also offer boat registrations in Other Countries

Stay Connected